Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kokeshi....and knitting???

The closest I have been to Japan....ha ha..it is Orlando...





http://mylittlemochi.typepad.com/my_little_mochi/2008/03/baby-kokeshi-do.html

SEARCHING Blogs...well, I have a few favorites..but one of the links that I visited, had a link to this, and of course, being Japanese, I couldn't resist...I need to make some of these...so, I will go to the store, and get a few things..and post my photos soon...

Don't know what a Kokeshi doll is? This will tell you more about the Traditional Kokeshi dolls...I have a few in my house...
http://www.japanese-doll.biz/group/kokeshi-doll.html

g2g...

d
Daruma dolls.
I have a couple of these. I got them from my Grandmother's house. I don't know what happened to some of the other ones. I think my cousins got them. These were from Orlando. They had them in a table, and it was so colorful, I had to look at it from the artistic side of me. The plaque (above) was with it, and it explains what Darumas were. VERY Interesting...?

these toys bring back memories....there were in a collection at Disney World in Orlando.

No comments:

Favorites on Etsy - not made by me, but you gotta check it out!!!